Gallery 38 is pleased to present “ENTRANCE”, a group show highlighting seven emerging contemporary artists. This show focuses on these artists interpretations of their entry into the art world. They unabashedly share their feelings, thoughts and emotions that go into creating their work not just for self, but also for public ridicule and consumption.
While the members of this show come from diverse backgrounds, there are similarities that tie the works together. The work centers on interpretation of culture, society, identity and the complex connections that hold all of these constructs together. The work manifests itself in facets of paint, sculpture and interactive installations, all designed to use space, color and texture to invite meaningful conversations relating to contemporary issues.
Focusing on their grassroots origins, “ENTRANCE” not only speaks to the artists taking a leap into the art market, but also using their work to realize and then share their identities, an entrance, for the viewer, into the artist’s inner selves. Interacting with surface abstractly, creating new reality along the way almost seamlessly without thought allows these artists to display an artistic courage that will allow the viewer to take a deeper look into each artist’s journey from past to present.
Artists In The Exhibition:
Catherine Czerwinski, Robert Miller, Oogum LeftFoot, Renda Writer, Ebony Lewis, Jason Humphrey and Fur Fountains.
Badir McCleary Editor in Chief
Badir McCleary is an independent consultant. He holds a M.A. in Arts Business from Sotheby’s Institute of Art (Los Angeles/London) where he focused on creating art markets and with an undergraduate degree in Internet Computing from Cabrini University focusing on e-commerce and digital trends. Badir enjoys working with artists and consider them crucial to informing his practice.
- Metropolis: A Snapshot of Art Making in Los Angeles curated by Badir McCleary November 12, 2019
- Stories of Preservation and Progress As A Healing Mechanism at The Garifuna International Film Festival May 23, 2019
- Soul of A Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power 1963-1983, A Research and Review Essay April 13, 2019
- “Configuration” at 2018 Scope International Art Fair Miami Beach December 4th – December 9th, 2018 December 2, 2018
- Relational Chemistry: A Introspective of Urban Experience October 12, 2018