This past Sunday (May 21st), The Landing Gallery hosted a curators panel for its current exhibition “Signifying Form” curated by Dr. jill moniz. Joining her in the panel was Dr. Lizetta LeFalle-Collins,
an accomplished curator and creative writer. I was excited to hear what these very accomplished women had to say regarding their journeys throughout the arts and juggling family and multiple careers and managing to remain dedicated and thriving toward success. I was more than pleased with the content and no more than 5 minutes after leaving the space, I began to put pen to paper and start to think of ways of improving. Gotta love when your inspired! Check out the video below for a condensed version of the talk.
Signifying Form: Works by Samella Lewis, Betye Saar, Maren Hassinger, Senga Nengudi, Alison Saar, Dominique Moody and Brenna Youngblood, is on view until July 1st, 2017 and is a must see in my book.
The Landing Gallery is located at 5118 Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016. Gallery hours are Wednesday – Saturday, 11:00am-6:00pm. Admission is FREE.
Badir McCleary Editor in Chief
Badir McCleary is an independent consultant. He holds a M.A. in Arts Business from Sotheby’s Institute of Art (Los Angeles/London) where he focused on creating art markets and with an undergraduate degree in Internet Computing from Cabrini University focusing on e-commerce and digital trends. Badir enjoys working with artists and consider them crucial to informing his practice.
- Stories of Preservation and Progress As A Healing Mechanism at The Garifuna International Film Festival May 23, 2019
- Soul of A Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power 1963-1983, A Research and Review Essay April 13, 2019
- “Configuration” at 2018 Scope International Art Fair Miami Beach December 4th – December 9th, 2018 December 2, 2018
- Relational Chemistry: A Introspective of Urban Experience October 12, 2018
- Reality Talks: Episode One – Jane Golden August 16, 2018