I had the extreme pleasure of visiting the studio of the great Charles Dickson in Compton, CA. Not only was I blown away by the hospitality, I was enthralled and floored by the amount of work and the different medium in which he chose to present each subject. I was more than inspired leaving here and can’t wait to go back.
Charles Dickson is a Los Angeles-based artist who uses a variety of media to create three-dimensional artwork and sculpture. Dickson incorporates both his life experiences and urban environment to create pieces that speak to a diverse audience as well as express different perspectives of the African American experience.
Badir McCleary Editor in Chief
Badir McCleary is an independent consultant. He holds a M.A. in Arts Business from Sotheby’s Institute of Art (Los Angeles/London) where he focused on creating art markets and with an undergraduate degree in Internet Computing from Cabrini University focusing on e-commerce and digital trends. Badir enjoys working with artists and consider them crucial to informing his practice.
- What Are We Shining Light On? Hank Willis Thomas debuts “An All Colored Cast” at Kayne Griffin Corcoran in Los Angeles January 27, 2020
- Metropolis: A Snapshot of Art Making in Los Angeles curated by Badir McCleary November 12, 2019
- Stories of Preservation and Progress As A Healing Mechanism at The Garifuna International Film Festival May 23, 2019
- Soul of A Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power 1963-1983, A Research and Review Essay April 13, 2019
- Frieze Art Fair makes it’s Los Angeles debut with exciting projects alongside fair programming at Paramount Studios February 19, 2019